Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Things 4,5,6, and7 Blogs and RSS Reader

So far have managed to complete the above having registered my blog, created a RSS Reader account and subscribed to some blogs - still have not worked out how to subscribe to the library blogs ie opml file that Jason has set up but will perservere on that - have yet to post some comments to other blogs but plan to do that when I have finished this post.

I am enjoying fiddling around with all this technology that I was aware of, but had no reason to try and use, and am sure that I will put to use sometime. Apart from the opml file mentioned above have found all the instruction relatively easy to follow.

Now on to Podcasts!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Noel,

Glad you're enjoying the program so far.

Re subscribing to blogs via the opml file, I've updated the page to clarify the process a bit. The page now tells you to save the opml file to your desktop first, then browse to the saved file in the Import section of your reader.

Hope that helps.

Jcat said...

Hi Noel

has been a while since I did opml files but will be happy to sit down and help. I notice Jason has improved his instructions on this.
By the way, I love Byron and Oliver.

regards
Janet S.

Frances45 said...

Had trouble with this too. I'm going very slowly. Is the photo your pets?

Laraine's Log said...

Hi Noel,

Great photo - very apt for our developing blogs. I had some trouble with the opml file (wrong path) until I clicked on browse to find the file.